Dr. Rick Lance was called to the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions (SBOM) in 1998. As executive director, he leads state missionary colleagues and other staff to assist Alabama Baptists in more than 3,200 churches with Great Commission Ministries.
Rick and his wife, Pam, are members at First Baptist Church, Montgomery. They have two daughters and four grandchildren.
- Bachelor of Arts in Religion and Speech, Samford University
- Master of Divinity in Biblical Studies and Pastoral Ministries, New Orleans Seminary
- Ed.D. in Pastoral Counseling and Preaching, New Orleans Seminary
- D.D., Judson College
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Samford University
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Tuscaloosa
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Cullman
- Pastor, West End Baptist Church, Birmingham
- Pastor, Valence Street Baptist Church, New Orleans, La.
- student pastorates in Birmingham
- 1979-1983, served on State Executive Board
- 1983-1985, first vice president, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1985, chairman, properties committee, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1985, acting chairman of personnel committee for Executive Committee of the State Board of Missions
- 1985-1995, trustee of Southern Baptist Convention Foreign Mission Board (now International Mission Board)
- 1988-1992, trustee, Samford University Foundation Board
- 1990-1992, president, Alabama Baptist State Convention
- 1988-1990 and 1993-1995, Strategic Planning Task Force, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1996-1998, vice chairman, Bylaws Review Committee, Alabama Baptist Convention
- 1997-1998, trustee, Judson College
- 2006, President, Executive Directors Association, Southern Baptist Convention
- 2010-2018, trustee, GuideStone